- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Professional Status Employed
About MeA dedicated media professional with a diverse profile whose strengths include branding, media and public relations, editing and publications management. I possess a unique understanding of evolving media and marketing concepts in addition to industry success in event planning and account management. My constant desire to learn translates to an invaluable skill in staying ahead of an ever-changing industry.
St. Timothy's Episcopal Church - Signal Mountain, Tennessee(Since October 2008)
- Oversees research, design, editing and production off all church communications, publications and social media.
- Manages daily office duties of a 500-member congregation including clergy and church schedules and congregation inquiries and requests while providing administrative assistance to the entire staff.
- Provides consulting expertise in standard as well as new communication procedures.
United States Olympic Committee - Colorado Springs, Colorado(October 2007 - March 2010)
- Provided and delivered communication and media relations counsel, products and publications during USOC events that promote the brand of the United States Olympic Committee and its mission to support U.S. Olympic athletes.
- Co-editor of USA Daily
- Coordinated communication between the U.S.O.C. and the National Governing Bodies during the 2008 and 2010 Olympic Games
- Organized, edited and distributed up-to-the minute media information for all Team USA events during the 2008 and 2010 Olympic games
- Developed and implemented a media relations strategy for the 2007 AIBA World Boxing Championship
- USOC Mission Statement : To support U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes in achieving sustained competitive excellence and preserve the Olympic ideals, and thereby inspire all Americans.
Houston Astros Baseball Club - Houston, Texas(April 2004 - October 2005)
- Generated positive publicity for the organization's players, coaches and front office personnel; developed and enhanced relationships with local, regional and national media with crucial responsibilities in writing and editing media guides, press releases, magazines and player bios.
- Developed statistical reports for media and team executives.
- Compiled game statistics for media, managed press box and press work room operations and served as volunteer coordinator for 2004 MLB All Star Week and 2004-05 playoff games.
Waterhouse Public Relations - Chattanooga, Tennessee(November 2007 - June 2008)
- Coordinated with Account Supervisors and other AAEs to develop and execute the communication and public relations goals of local, national and international clients.
The Tennessean - Nashville, Tennessee - United States(February 2001 - April 2004)
- Dynamic contributor to all publishing aspects of sports department operations. Covered events, edited copy, determined news values, formatted press releases, created headlines and trained new employees.
Valley Publishing Company - Pikeville, Tennessee - United States(November 2006 - June 2007)
- Produced two weekly newspaper publications and one weekly advertising publication. Designed, created and improved various clientele advertisements within each product.
Sci Fi Studios - Hollywood, California (November 2005 - October 2006)
- Coordinated all PR and media activities beginning at the inception of this innovative company formed by the convergence of Hollywood executives and creative professionals to provide fans of science fiction and fantasy with access to the Hollywood development process.
- Primary duties included advertising placement, copy writing and web content development.