- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
About MeA dedicated media professional with a diverse profile whose strengths include branding, media and public relations, editing and publications management. I possess a unique understanding of evolving media and marketing concepts in addition to industry success in event planning and account management. My constant desire to learn translates to an invaluable skill in staying ahead of an ever-changing industry.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Keen insight into new media concepts and developing
social media brands
- Proven ability to build key relationships within the media
- Expert operational skills of Microsoft Office and Adobe
Creative Suite as well as HTML knowledge
- Successful publications management within broad and
- Reliability under deadline pressure and managing multiple
St. Timothy's Episcopal Church - Signal Mountain, Tennessee(Since October 2008)
- Oversees research, design, editing and production off all church communications, publications and social media.
- Manages daily office duties of a 500-member congregation including clergy and church schedules and congregation inquiries and requests while providing administrative assistance to the entire staff.
- Provides consulting expertise in standard as well as new communication procedures.
United States Olympic Committee - Colorado Springs, Colorado(October 2007 - March 2010)
- Provided and delivered communication and media relations counsel, products and publications during USOC events that promote the brand of the United States Olympic Committee and its mission to support U.S. Olympic athletes.
Houston Astros Baseball Club - Houston, Texas(April 2004 - October 2005)
- Generated positive publicity for the organization's players, coaches and front office personnel; developed and enhanced relationships with local, regional and national media with crucial responsibilities in writing and editing media guides, press releases, magazines and player bios.
Waterhouse Public Relations - Chattanooga, Tennessee(November 2007 - June 2008)
- Coordinated with Account Supervisors and other AAEs to develop and execute the communication and public relations goals of local, national and international clients.
The Tennessean - Nashville, Tennessee - United States(February 2001 - April 2004)
- Dynamic contributor to all publishing aspects of sports department operations. Covered events, edited copy, determined news values, formatted press releases, created headlines and trained new employees.
Valley Publishing Company - Pikeville, Tennessee - United States(November 2006 - June 2007)
- Produced two weekly newspaper publications and one weekly advertising publication. Designed, created and improved various clientele advertisements within each product.
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX - United States(Part-time - June 2005 - December 2005)
- Edited and coordinated coverage of the 2005 high school football season
ESPN, Disney Inc - Briston, Connecticut (October 2004 - October 2005)
- Contract PA and statistician for regular season and playoff baseball broadcast productions.
Sci Fi Studios - Hollywood, California (November 2005 - October 2006)
- Coordinated all PR and media activities beginning at the inception of this innovative company formed by the convergence of Hollywood executives and creative professionals to provide fans of science fiction and fantasy with access to the Hollywood development process.
- Primary duties included advertising placement, copy writing and web content development.
EBC-TEFL International, Buenos Aires, Argentina (October 2006 - November 2006)
- The EBC International TEFL Certificate course is an accredited qualification curriculum to prepare teachers of English as a foreign language. The 150 hour, four-week course gives hands on experience for TESOL TEFL jobs throughout the world.